Monday, August 26, 2013

The Last of Us. Rigging Video

I am watching the video now and right off the bat.

They talk about modeling the eyes half closed and the mouth open... I am glad this is finally taking off.

Judd Simantov: Rigging, The last of us. Youtube Link.

Also they talk about using joints more like muscles. I feel like CG artists are finally pulling themselves away from how things are traditionally done and looking for more realistic ways of rigging.
Every time I watch a rigging video the joints are always put center of mass. I am sorry but your spine and neck do not run down the middle of your body. they run along the back.

The wrist setup was interesting. I have been fighting with wrists my entire rigging life and this has given me an idea. I will keep everyone posted. All in All good video and I understand why they never go into the actual setup, money, but it's enough to get my brain rolling on a couple new setups.

No comments:

Post a Comment