Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Here's Imrod in all his low poly glory.

I have always found it interesting how joint placement and alignment are at odds with natural placement, your taught that you should keep your shoulder, elbow and wrist in line with each other and only bend one axis. Great and all but your actual shoulder socket joint is offset from your elbow so you have to go out slightly to get the elbow where its supposed to be.

And technically your elbow is almost perfectly between your wrist and shoulder, and yet if you take into account style and concept art you will almost never rig a stylized character with perfect human proportions  Yes I know they are stylized and its way more fun to rig a character that's catty wonkus than a perfectly symmetrical model. But I will admit it's so much easier to rig a symmetrical model, not that I am lazy or anything.

I am trying to get into the habit of not fixating on the models topology and just working with how it is when I get the model. I will be honest though sometimes I wish there was a way to snap my fingers and fix all the bad topology and no I am not insulting all you modelers out there, I highly respect what you guys do.

Back to my day.
Is there someone behind you?

HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment